This triangular site was originally a communal garden at the centre of a private development of houses erected in the 1890s. By 1928 it was owned by Holmewood Gardens Limited who managed the garden out of a rent of 10s per annum paid by each house on the estate. It originally fell within LB Wandsworth prior to borough boundary changes. In the 1960s the garden was conveyed to LB Lambeth under the 1906 Open Spaces Act.
Restoration works in 1988 included new railings and the intervening roadway was closed off. The garden is divided into two sections either side of a public pathway. Both areas are grassed with a playground in the north area; within the garden are a few mature plane trees and some ornamental species.