King George’s park was laid out in 1922 and opened by King George in 1938.
The eastern edge of the park is lined by the River Wandle and the park is divided into three areas. In the Northern section there is a leisure area, including formal gardens, a bowling green, tennis courts and a lake. In the next section there is a children’s play area with organised children’s play sessions and an adventure playground.
The park offers paths for walking and cycling and other wide green spaces for sports and activities.