Christopher Wren church and home to the Bow Bells. The Tower of St Mary-Le-Bow is open to visitors. The Norman crypt with its chapel was constructed in around 1080, survived the Great Fire of London in 1666, was incorporated into Wren’s church of the 1670s.
It was preserved during the rebuilding of the church and crypt after World War II by Lawrence King in the 1950s. The vegetarian restaurant ‘The Place Below’ is open weekdays for breakfast or lunch and there are regular concerts and exhibitions held in the church, vestibule and crypt.
Live lunchtime chamber music concerts takes place daily at 1:05pm and are free of charge to attend.